Saturday 14 July 2012

School's out for summer!

The school year: September 2011 - July 2012
What a year! It seems like hardly any time at all since Orla started school, and now here we are, Reception year done and dusted. I tried to get her to pose the way she had on her first day, but there was no chance. Apart from the fact that she has just about completely outgrown that little hanky of a skirt and tiny polo top; the big difference is that she is well and truly knackered. A year at school takes it out of you. I'm not sure exactly how much she has learnt, but her reading is coming along really well, and I think she has a natural ability for maths (like her dad) when she's not busy talking non-stop (like her mum).

Looking at her, it seems at first that she hasn't changed. But she's so much taller, her legs are bruised and bashed to bits from tripping over in the forest, her fringe has *almost* grown out, and her feet are at least 2 sizes bigger. In this past year she's learned how to swim, how to cycle, her knowledge of society and the world has grown, and she's been to some really awesome parties! She's starting slowly to come out of her German-despising shell, and she's made some really good friends.

I've been looking forward to the school holidays. I've been needing some nice long Orla time, just to enjoy her company. I'm saying this now because I know that in a few weeks I will be banging on the door of the school begging them to open and take the wild animals off my hands.

And of course, this year I can also beg them to take Hamish too! He cannot wait to start!

2 comments:

  1. Aw that first photo is soooooooooooooooo cute, she looks so much younger then! What a different a year makes indeed!

    ReplyDelete

You're not going to leave without saying something, are you?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...