Thursday 27 January 2011

My daughter, the Hallmark greeting card.


Honestly I haven't trained her! I swear! Orla came up to me and told me she needed to give me a special kiss. I asked why and she said "Because you're so pretty, and you do all the tidying up and cleaning, and do nice things for me". It practically brought a tear to my eye.

I'm just glad she doesn't have many people to compare me with. If she knew that fluff in the corners of the rooms, and 2 washings backing up waiting on me taking one out of the machine 12 hours after it finished its cycle was a sign of a mummy who possibly doesn't do all the cleaning and tidying up she should in favour of more fun things, perhaps I wouldn't have got that kiss.
So there we go, nearly 4 years I've waited for that feeling of being appreciated. Yippee!

We've been invited to a birthday party over at workingberlinmum's where the theme may be 'What I want to be when I grow up'. Orla will look lovely dressed up as a Greetings Card Copywriter, and so easy for me! Hamish of course wants to be a Professional Tiger when he grows up. I'm not concerned. I'm sure there will be a degree course in that somewhere.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, this is just the sweetest thing! I'm sure she would appreciate you just as much even if she about all the fluff and washing, no-one has the time for all that.

    And I would totally take a Professional Tiger degree if somewhere taught it, hehe.

    ReplyDelete

You're not going to leave without saying something, are you?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...