Friday 6 May 2011

All new Disney-fied me!


Orla & Hamish meet Winnie the Pooh


Orla with Pluto & Mickey


The Playhouse Disney Show


Stevie & his new girlfriend


I'm back again! I feel like I've been away all month more or less. This time round we were at Disneyland Paris, and it was rather good. The kids loved it, we loved it, though I think there might be something wrong with me that I just wasn't that impressed. You know what I mean? Maybe my expectations were too high, but I was a little "oh right, I kind of thought it would be a little more 'Wow!'", but I am putting it down to some kind of temporary mental illness.

We had to wait until we got to Disneyland to buy the tickets. I tried for months to buy them online and had no joy. But it worked to our advantage as Orla in a pram with a dummy in her mouth apparently looked under 3, so got in free. That's the kind of dishonesty my mother would disapprove of, but Stevie put it down to the fact that all the German kids are so much bigger than ours - even though we were in France....

Still, as they let us pay for just us teency adults, we decided to buy the 3 day ticket instead of the 2 day one and go on our last morning before we needed to be at the airport.

Hamish's favourite bit was climbing the railing where you queued for the Cars ride. Well worth paying all that money. Secretly though, I think he liked all the Toy Story stuff and meeting Winnie the Pooh.

Orla's favourite things were the carousel, meeting Snow White, and the Playhouse Disney show.

Stevie's favourite bit seemed to be making me steal enough from breakfast to make a free lunch and enjoying my guilt - "Fiona, it's a roll your stealing, not a Rolls-Royce"...grr.

My favourite bit (apart from the kids being so knackered in the evening that I got to finish my book) were all the photo opportunities. I do love taking photos! I also liked the Buzz Lightyear ride and the Cars ride. It was great fun.

But we're back now and it's time to get back into the swing of things here. I managed to get into an argument about half an hour before we left for the airport on Monday because our landlords agent (despite knowing that we were going away) had arranged for some painters to come round, and she wasn't happy when I said that it wasn't suitable and we'd have to arrange another date. I'm not sure why these particular painters could only do this one day when we were going to be away, but it made her start shouting at me in German. Really loudly, and really aggressively. She was especially angry that I wouldn't leave my keys with the neighbour who wouldn't even buzz us into the building when we locked ourselves out. She ended up hanging up on me because I just kept saying "No. It'll have to be another time." So that at least will give me something to do next week if I feel like I don't have enough anger being directed at me.

But still, a lovely holiday and nice happy kids!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh that painter thing has me angry on your behalf!

    I once got home to a rented house to find the front door slightly ajar. When I went into the house, there was no one there, so I closed the door.

    A bit later, I thought I would check the whole house and there were GUYS ON AN UPSTAIRS roof! They were working on it and the landlord had just let them in with a copy of our key he had randomly kept. I was IRATE and phoned the landlord, who then started shouting at me for being a RACIST! One of the guys was indeed I think Tunesian or something like that, but seriously that was not my main concern. What I was upset about was getting home and finding random guys in my house without my permission!

    Sorry, rant over. I sympathise, that's all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankfully our landlord is in Hong Kong. But I did half expect to walk through the door and smell fresh paint.

    I cannot begin to say how much I am looking forward to resuming this conversation with her this week.

    ReplyDelete

You're not going to leave without saying something, are you?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...